Monday, July 18, 2011

Waking Dreams

So what do you do when there is this faint, far off glimmer of light?
You're at the far end of a tunnel, like someone in a coma, and you hear this faint voice...calling your name.
What do you do?
Or when you wake from a dream? I dream so rarely, or at least remember them so rarely.
Have you ever had a dream and then woken up and wondered -- was it real?
Have you ever dreamt about someone and wondered, "Was that real? Was I really there with them? Did they have the same dream? Or was it all in my mind?"
Yea, I wonder that a lot. And lately, during my waking hours as well. That's what's scary.
I help clean an office building downtown; the north side is all glass. And in the evenings, I will sometimes stand there and stare off to the northeast.
There is a town some fifty miles away. There is someone there that I miss very much.
Several weeks ago, I wondered to myself, if I think really hard, if I concentrate really really hard...will they hear me? Will they feel me? Will they know I'm thinking about them? Will they answer me.
And so, I started doing it.
Either I know the answer to that question now, or it's a coincidence.
But then, I once heard someone say "There are no coincidences."

No comments:

Post a Comment