Monday, December 12, 2011

Confusion..

I come for dinner. Dinner is good. Roast beef and potatoes. Delicious.
I am told me rings were found, and they were. I am happy. So happy.
I returned the ring given to her by her aunt which she gave to me in the interim to finding my rings.
For this, I do not understand, I am chastised.
I wanted to do the right thing; returen the ring that was given to her by her aunt. In my mind it was the right thng to do..Her aunt gave her the ring. It was not mine.
I still keep the origninal ring she gave to me four years ago. This ring means more to me than she will know.
For some reason, I have done something wrong. And I do not understand.
I returned her aunt's ring.
I thanked her for returning the rings she bought for me.
And I retain the ring she originally gave me in the beginning....
She says she is confused. Well, I am confused, as well.
Seems confusion, misunderstanding and frustration (along with migraines) runs through every attempt I make at making things right.
No more drinking. Check.
She has stopped smoking. Check.
Am I to stop smoking?
Will that make this endless cycle of being held at arm's length stop?
Will the trust ever return?
Will there be something else?
Only God knows.
Only God.

No comments:

Post a Comment