Thursday, December 8, 2011

Why...

Am I crazy to be in love with you? I've done everything you've wanted and you still find reasons to push me away.
And now it's the smoking. Now I'll smell like an ashtray everytime you're around me unless I stop smoking, too. Is that what you want me to do? Stop smoking? I will if you give the word.
Is it worth it to you? Am I worth it? You're worth it to me. Do you still love me? Do you still want to be together or is this another reason why you don't think it will work?
I've done everything you've wanted. I even gave you up. You threatened a protection order if I didn't. So I gave you up agaist my will.
Then, while I'm standing in the doctor's office, you call. And you continue to find reasons not to see me; not to talk to me. You tell me how I stress you out; how I make your blood pressure go up.
I have to ask you. Why did you call me? Why did you want to thank me for giving you what you wanted? Why did you want to hear my voice? Why are you acting this way now?
Do you have any idea how much I love you? How much I want this to work? Do you know how much I hurt? Ache? Want YOU to be my lover?
Don't you feel the same way?

Why did you call me that day...?

No comments:

Post a Comment