Wednesday, February 15, 2012

An Omen

I park on the top level of the parking garage near where I work downtown.
This morning, as I'm going up the ramp and rounding the corner, I come upon a peregrine falcon with his back to me and his wings out like he's covering something.
As I draw nearer with the truck he takes off and under him was a pigeon.
He was getting reading to eat the pigeon.
The falcon takes off and the pigeon takes off. Uneaten. Thanks to me. Showing up at the right (or wrong) time.
My question is this: What does this mean? What is the message here?
Am I the falcon or the pigeon?
I believe everything happens for a reason; everything means something; nothing is an accident. And I wasn't feeling so good when I got up today to begin with. Coming up on wildlife getting ready to have breakfast was not what I was expecting this morning.
But I saw it for a reason. Its an omen of something. Just not sure how to interpret it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment