Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Destroyed

I have a million things rolling around inside of me.
A million things I want to say.
I don't even know where to begin.
I am empty.
I've given her exactly what she wants.
She's gotten exactly what she wants.
She wins.
But, more importantly, I lose.
Now she can honestly say this was my decision.
The responsibility is no longer her's.
She's tried to do this a thousand times before.
But I always fought it.
Why?
Because I know "time" does not make the heart grow fonder.
It makes you forget.
It gives you time to forget.
And I didn't want her to forget.
I can't fight her anymore.
She got what she wanted.
She calls it "time".
I call it something else.

You know exactly what you're doing.
You have no problem with giving me "time".
Days...weeks...months...
You know exactly what you're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment