Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Ray Of Light...? Really??

As far as the job-front goes, things are starting to look promising.
I put in several applications at the university here a while ago. If you're familiar with Nebraska at all, you know it's all about the university, the Huskers, sports.
And if you actually live in this small city, UNL is the place to work.

I've been waiting for another call-back from a position I've had two interviews for so far. This was the call I thought I was getting today. But it wasn't.
This was a different department with UNL that I had applied for quite a while back. And it's working nights. That's when I thrive. So....

I have a new screening interview set up with them for this Friday. What luck, right? Two possible job offers from UNL. I'm on cloud nine.

This has been my foremost demon. I need a job.
That other thing, the whole broken heart thing. Well, yea, that's still hanging on and will be probably forever.
And I'll live the rest of my life alone.
I haven't ever had to deal with feelings like this.
Everyone I know thinks I'm crazy. But I know I'm not. She knows I'm not.

I won't let go. I can't.
I'll live the rest of my life alone.
And that's fine.

But right now, I'm unemployed. I can't afford to lose sight of that. But she's still in my heart.
This isn't the end of the story.
It's just a matter of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment