Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Take A Good Long Look...

These have not been the ramblings of someone who is insane, delusional, or unstable.
If it were, I would not be aware of how stupid and foolish I look and sound to the world.
I would not be worried that any day she could take out a protection order against me for an email or a text.
It would not tear my heart out at how easy--how easy--it is for people to believe I'm crazy, rather than to say, "That's what true love looks like."

These are the true, heart-felt thoughts and feelings of someone who believes is true love; soulmates.
Yes, I am part of a dying breed. And yes, this is killing me. Literally.

Have you ever wondered why people refer to their significant other as their "other half"?
It's because they are their other half.

Half of me is gone; fifty miles away; close enough to still feel, not close enough to touch...
Does anyone actually get this?

Time does not heal something like this. It wasn't a fling. It wasn't just a quickie.
This was something that had been searched for, for a lifetime.
For both of us. We have testified to that.

And she ran. Because she got scared.
She called me an addiction.

So, take a good long look.
This is what dying of a broken heart looks like.
If I survive this, I will not like what I become. Neither will anyone else.
If I don't, so much the better.

Nothing I can ever say or do will convince her or anyone else that my feelings are right.
I know she feels the same way.
Because I can still feel her. I don't expect anyone else to understand that, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment